Interviews & Speaking
You may have seen me speak at...
I've been honored to speak at many live events. Here are a few!
- Simply Profitable Designer Summit, 2019: The Secret to Charging Premium Prices
- Accelerate Your Biz Summit, 2019: Intro Packet Workshop
- OpenWest, 2019: Intro Packet Workshop
- WordCamp Denver, 2018: Client Offboarding Workshop, The Business of Web Design Panel
- Implementation Week, 2018: Pricing for Profit
- The Simply Profitable Designer Summit, 2018: Intro Packet Workshop
- Unlock the Secrets Summit, 2018: Expert Interview
- Find your Force, 2018: Expert Interview
- WordCamp DFW, 2017: How to Raise Your Rates
- WordCamp Denver, 2017: How to Raise Your Rates, The Business of Web Design Panel, Intro Packet Workshop
Features, Presentations, & Podcasts
I've also been honored to be interviewed and featured on many blogs and podcasts. Here are a few!
- How Freelancers can Earn More While Working Less - The Design Business Show
- Creating a more profitable web design business - The Design Business Show
- How to really connect with your clients - WP Builds
- Onboarding clients for success - OfficeHours.fm
- Client onboarding and communication - Agency Highway
- Mastering client communications – Rethink.fm
- Nightmare Clients and Growing Your Business - Kim Doyal
- Teaching freelance - How I Built It
- Why client management systems are so important - Get Back to Design
- Running your business more efficiently - IgniteRock
- Erin E Flynn: Unstoppable – Outlier Magazine
- How to fire bad clients - DevChat
- Create a webdesign business you love – Creative Calling
I love to teach, online and in-person. Here are a few online trainings I've done.
"Erin’s down-to-earth approach to teaching the business side of freelancing is refreshing and straightforward.
Not only do I send my own students to Erin for freelancing business advice, I often see results from utilizing Erin’s freelancing advice in my own business! Both online and in-person, Erin is fun and engaging, and her passion for her craft and her students is quite clear."
- Brad Hussey, Code College
"I had the pleasure of attending a WordCamp presentation by Erin Flynn in 2017, and was impressed by her ability to concisely and clearly relay practical steps for growing and working with a client base.
In addition to being lively and engaging, Erin also created a comfortable environment for the audience to ask questions and participate, as well as drawing back to other presentations covering complementary material, effortlessly."
- Ani King, Liquid Web
"Erin is poised, articulate, and full of information freelancers need.
I personally implemented her idea of creating an Intro Packet and was sending it to clients within mere weeks after her presentation. Only the best presenters can inspire, challenge, and motivate you to actually follow through, Erin is one of those presenters."
- Gordon Seirup, Copper Leaf Creative / WordCamp Denver Lead Organizer
I love to teach.
There's nothing I love more than sharing my knowledge with others.
After six years in business, I've got a lot to share.
I've taught online workshops and given interviews and presentations on:
- Pricing services
- Streamlining client onboarding
- Screening clients
- Firing bad clients
- Getting useful feedback from clients
- Following up with past clients
- Automating a web design business
- And a whole lot more!
If you're looking for someone to talk about the business side of running a web design business, I'm your woman.
I love to teach online, as well as in-person and make my presentations and talks interactive and actionable.