My name is Halley Gray and I’m the founder & marketing strategist over at Evolve & Succeed. I focus on getting creative freelancers booked out in advance. So freaking fun! I do this by using a specific combination of science experiments, content strategies and sales techniques.
There’s a lot of mystery around getting booked out in advance but actually it is a really easy to replicate process!
Let’s use one of my clients as an example (anonymously cuz I don’t like to kiss & tell). Here’s her story:
- She comes to me struggling with getting enough clients but is super active in FB groups.
- She has a lot of credibility and has worked with clients previously.
- She knows her shit and gives out a ton of great practical information.
- She’s not sure where she’s going wrong but she wants to be booked out (at least a month in advance)
The biggest factor to getting booked out fun & easy is making sure your service is super desirable. Here’s a quick checklist for you:
- Do you know someone (in real life or FB groups) that actually would want what you’re selling?
- Have you asked for feedback on your sales page from your ideal peeps (not random douchebags)?
- Does your sales copy make anyone WANT what you’re providing?
- Have you written at least 7 pieces of great content around your service?
- Do you have a marketing funnel (aka ‘Salesnado’) in place?
Here’s (part of) what we work on together:
- Calculating how many clients she actually needs to be booked out one month in advance.
- You’d be surprised what your actual number is.
- Letting potential clients know that you have a limited number of spots available.
- Adding ‘Only 2 spots available and then booked out till [two months from now]’ is a big juicy cow to a t-rex.
- Crafting content that breaks down hesitations, builds up trust, and gets more sales.
- What’s stopping your perspectives from buying from you? Write to answer it!
- Promoting the content around the service (vs sales page) on social media.
- This is wayyyy more effective than directly promoting your sales page because it allows readers to engage first then buy.
- Being loud and vocal about being booked out.
- Every time you have a new client put it up on Twitter/G+/FB this does a great job of getting more sales!
FYI this client of mine is really booked out a month plus in advance! Sooo this works. Seriously. Plus it’s fun.
Thanks for guest posting, Halley! If you loved Halley’s post, please share it, and be sure to check out her League of Business Baddasses if you want to boost your biz and get custom advice and personal attention!