Hey! I'm Erin.
I help web designers make more money without working more.
Not so long ago I was like you. Working constantly. Answering phone calls from clients on Sunday mornings. Staying up late to meet deadlines. Dragging my computer with me on vacation. Constantly checking my phone. Checking emails at my own damn wedding.
It took me several years to figure it out. That I didn't have to chase every shiny object, do all the things, or even hire a team to run a successful business.
It just took a great support network, careful planning, proper positioning, polished systems, and a marketing plan that didn't leave me feeling like a used car salesman.
Those components led me to founding Design Bread, which is where I share exactly how to simplify creative business so that you can work less and live more.
I now live in the beautiful mountains of Colorado, which I am SO fortunate to be able to do. I work with clients I love, and make websites I am proud to show off. And I do that working about 20 hours a week, and making more than enough money to live the life I want.
You can too.
Interviews & Speaking
I've been honored to speak at many live events. Here are a few!
- Blogger Breakthrough Summit, 2022: Goal Setting
- The Page Builder Summit, 2021: Intro Packet Workshop
- WPMRR Virtual Summit, 2021: Intro Packet Workshop
- Simply Profitable Designer Summit, 2021: How to work less and live more
- Calligraphy Biz Summit 2021: Intro Packet Workshop
- VA Startup Summit 2021: Intro Packet Workshop
- WordCamp Denver 2020: How to map your client onboarding
- Simply Profitable Designer Summit, 2020: How to work less and live more
- WordCamp Denver, 2019: It's the End of Web Design as We Know It
- Simply Profitable Designer Summit, 2019: The Secret to Charging Premium Prices
- Accelerate Your Biz Summit, 2019: Intro Packet Workshop
- OpenWest, 2019: Intro Packet Workshop
- WordCamp Denver, 2018: Client Offboarding Workshop, The Business of Web Design Panel
- Implementation Week, 2018: Pricing for Profit
- The Simply Profitable Designer Summit, 2018: Intro Packet Workshop
- Unlock the Secrets Summit, 2018: Expert Interview
- Find your Force, 2018: Expert Interview
- WordCamp DFW, 2017: How to Raise Your Rates
- WordCamp Denver, 2017: How to Raise Your Rates, The Business of Web Design Panel, Intro Packet Workshop
THEY'RE MAKING ME BLUSH!
"Erin’s down-to-earth approach to teaching the business side of freelancing is refreshing and straightforward.
Not only do I send my own students to Erin for freelancing business advice, I often see results from utilizing Erin’s freelancing advice in my own business! Both online and in-person, Erin is fun and engaging, and her passion for her craft and her students is quite clear."
- Brad Hussey, Code College
"I had the pleasure of attending a WordCamp presentation by Erin Flynn in 2017, and was impressed by her ability to concisely and clearly relay practical steps for growing and working with a client base.
In addition to being lively and engaging, Erin also created a comfortable environment for the audience to ask questions and participate, as well as drawing back to other presentations covering complementary material, effortlessly."
- Ani King, Liquid Web
"Erin is poised, articulate, and full of information freelancers need.
I personally implemented her idea of creating an Intro Packet and was sending it to clients within mere weeks after her presentation. Only the best presenters can inspire, challenge, and motivate you to actually follow through, Erin is one of those presenters."
- Gordon Seirup, Copper Leaf Creative / WordCamp Denver Lead Organizer
Features, Presentations, & Podcasts
I've also been honored to be interviewed and featured on many blogs and podcasts. Here are a few!
- Iterating on digital products - Scenic Route Digital
- Taking time away from your business - Product Powerhouse
- Streamlining your business and trusting the journey - Live in the Feast
- How to work only 20 hours a week, and still make an amazing income - Self-Made Web Designer
- Optimizing your time while running a business - How I Built It
- How Freelancers can Earn More While Working Less - The Design Business Show
- Building a balanced agency life - Agency Trailblazer
- Creating a more profitable web design business - The Design Business Show
- How to really connect with your clients - WP Builds
- Onboarding clients for success - OfficeHours.fm
- Client onboarding and communication - Agency Highway
- Mastering client communications – Rethink.fm
- Simplifying Business - Amy Riordan Podcast
- Nightmare Clients and Growing Your Business - Kim Doyal
- Teaching freelance - How I Built It
- Why client management systems are so important - Get Back to Design
- Running your business more efficiently - IgniteRock
- Erin Flynn: Unstoppable – Outlier Magazine
- How to fire bad clients - DevChat
- Create a webdesign business you love – Creative Calling
I love to teach, online and in-person. Here are a few online trainings I've done.
NICE PEOPLE SAYING NICE THINGS...
Everything that I've purchased from Erin has been outstanding; from her courses to the one-on-one coaching. I've really appreciated how Erin has gone above and beyond to serve her clients.
She's made me feel like a VIP all the way! I know my business is better from working with her.
– AMANDA, AMANDA CREEK CREATIVE
Whenever I feel stuck, I know the right person to call to find great valuable advice. Erin always helps me clarify my ideas and gives me the energy to move forward. Her tips and advice are always spot on.
Erin is the kind of person I wouldn't hesitate to recommend if you need business advice.
– CHRYS, CALLIFRAME
Podcast interviews, live presentations, and workshops: Please contact me for availability and more information.